Prison and the officers changed my life


Hi there to all. I would like to bring something positive to the table. I too am an ex offender and prison and those working in it helped me to change my life around. I have been in and out of prison for as long as I can remember. I had the attitude of feeling sorry for myself and blaming others instead of coming to terms with myself and the triggers that landed me in prison in the first place.
Course my childhood didn't help and I didn't have the greatest of upbringing - but neither did my sister and she never went to prison or broke the law. I read a post about someone saying they used the system to their own advantage and I did the same. Instead of working against people, I worked with them and my whole attitude and mind-set changed. Prison is what it is. You can either frown upon officers or embrace them and disrespecting people gets you nowhere as I have realised.
I wasn't a well behaved prisoner in my past. I was a trouble maker and couldn't care less. But there comes a time when enough is enough and I'd had enough of all that sh*t. I worked on myself, studied, gained interest in other hobbies and now I work in full time employment which has given me confidence and self esteem. In the past I felt I was a nobody and worthless but I wasn't and I am grateful for all the support I received in prison and continued support on the out. Thanks, kindest wishes, Paul.